Make Your Hometown A Better Place
Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents, and when we reach out to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to kids or delivering meals to shut-ins, there are a many local volunteer options available every day.
Give the gift of you. Volunteer.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach your skills to others
- Enhance your résumé
- Gain work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Express gratitude to an organization that hepled you in the past
- Convey to others that you are enthusiastic and care about the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life
Showing you care can be simple. Reach out! Whether doing yard work for an elderly neighbor, writing a thank you note to someone special, or donating canned goods to a local food bank, you can brighten the lives of others.
Take a moment, make a difference, LIVE UNITED.
More Random Acts of Kindness:
- Offer a few hours of free babysitting to busy parents
- Donate used books to the local library
- Play the piano or sing at a nursing home
- Hold the door open for the person behind you
- Help carry a neighbors' groceries into the house
- Stop by and thank your police or fire department
- Wherever you go, pick up trash and throw it away
- Randomly leave a generous tip
- Say good morning to passersby
- Send a care package of local treats to a soldier